- Fully functional solution for sales and management.
- A web platform functional upgrade
- UX/UI audit and usability improvement
- Functional and beta testing of mobile apps
Ecommerce portal for Bassam Barakat Antiquities
Datawalls helped the customer implement the web app’s functionality, helping the customer extend target audience reach and increase user satisfaction.
The customer had already had mockups for web and apps, so before proceeding to development, our team conducted a UX/UI audit of both the mockups and the web platform. Drawing on the results, we came up with a set of recommendations on upgrading the platform’s and the future apps’ usability, such as:
- Optimizing the screen layout and buttons placement in the Search and Account tabs
- Decluttering the registration form by removing unnecessary information and fields
- Adding paid plan selection to the signup form to inform users about the platform’s premium features
- Removing superfluous yet unskippable steps from the user onboarding process
- Unifying button typography across the apps
- Increasing the font size and contrast in the login form to highlight primary buttons
Built by Datawalls’s Web developers with PHP and WordPress CMS. The delivered apps offer users the following capabilities:
- Search for categories, products, time periods, and other antiques industry
- Account management, allowing users to edit profile information, settings, and membership level
- The news feed with the latest projects of the listed artists
- Navigation through the news, articles, public user lists, and latest brand advertising campaigns
Datawalls team consisted of a project manager and software developers who were responsible for building the mobile applications and the web platform functionality enhancements as well as manual functional testing of the apps on emulators and iOS and Android devices.
The customer’s team included the company’s president and editor-in-chief, technical director, and UI designer/creative manager. The president and editor-in-chief assumed the role of Product Owner and formulated the project requirements. The technical director was responsible for ensuring the apps’ interaction with the database via an API. The UI designer/creative manager was in charge of the UI design and provided our team with mockups for the apps.
Due to the varying frequency and scope of the product requirements, we chose the Kanban methodology with periodic delivery of updates (approximately once a month) in the form of a ready-to-test app build along with the source code. Based on the build testing results, the customer provided their feedback, including any detected bugs and improvement ideas.
Having extended the capabilities of the Customer’s sports management software, Datawalls successfully improved the way sports videos are managed, edited, and shared online.
The Customer kept on collaborating with Datawalls. Our team provided maintenance and support services, fixed shortcomings in the solution and enhanced its functionality further.
WANT TO START A PROJECT?
By submitting this form i give my consent for Datawalls to process my personal data
pursuant to Datawalls privacy and Cookies Policy.
Upon the request of a sports industry solution provider, datawalls enriched the functionality of a custom sports management software. The implemented video editing and streaming capabilities allowed making sports video design and distribution easier, faster and more flexible.